TAF Pilot Assessment by KNUST, TREND and WaterAid Ghana
The TAF was tested on two different types of solar pumps produced by different producers.
The following recommendations have been made to ensure sustainability and scalability of the Solar Powered Pump:
- The supply chain arrangement for the solar panels must be made more clear to make it easy for users to access it as it is not the same as for other components of the pump.
- An effective marketing mechanism is recommended to promote the technology in order to increase its use and uptake.
- The operation and management arrangement for the technology must be aligned with the national policy to ensure accountability.
- Resources must be provided to District/Municipal Water and Sanitation Teams to enable them carry out effective follow up on the systems.
- The storage tanks must be adequately sized to ensure continuous supply of water even when the pump is not operating.
- TAF Assessment (2013) Recommendations for the sustainability and scalability of the Solar Powered Pump in Akuapem North Municipality and Kwahu North District, Ghana